Disclaimer: This text was copied from Wikipedia since the Wiki administrators have threatened to take the page down. In order to save the text, it was re-published here.
Michael Prysner (born June 15, 1983) is an American political activist. He is the co-founder of March Forward!, an organization of active-duty members of the US military and veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars who encourages current active-duty service personnel to resist deployment.
Prysner is a US Army veteran who served in Iraq. His rank was corporal. According to Prysner, his duties in Iraq included ground surveillance, home raids and the interrogation of prisoners, and these experiences led him to take an anti-war stand.
In March 2008, Prysner was a member of a panel discussing the topic Winter Soldier: Iraq & Afghanistan in Maryland. At the event, he spoke about a period in Iraq as a soldier and his personal views about the two wars. His testimony became known as the ”Our Real Enemies” speech and it begged a standing ovation in the end. Also, in 2008, Prysner ran a write-in campaign for the US House of Representatives for Florida’s 22nd congressional district (Boca Raton).
He is a member of Party for Socialism and Liberation and A.N.S.W.E.R..
In November 2011, Prysner was arrested in Occupy Los Angeles. He was released after posting bail.
Prysner is also a producer and co-writer for the program The Empire Files, with Abby Martin.
He performed the rap ”Skit 6” on the album Soundtrack to the Struggle.
- “U. S. sought to set up sham state in Iraq”, Tehran Times, 26 July 2010 Archived 6 June 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- ”Veterans Group Calls on Military to Refuse Deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq – Salem-News.Com”. www.salem-news.com. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
- Soilder Mike Prysner: A War Veteran ”Our Real Enemies Speech”
- ”Gale – Product Login”. find.galegroup.com. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
- Hassina Leelarathna “Los Angeles Lankans protest UN interference”, Daily News – Sri Lanka, 3 May 2011 Archived 4 February 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Local, Univision. ”Univision 34 Los Angeles”. Univision. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
- Radio, Southern California Public (7 December 2011). ”16 complaints filed about Occupy LA raid”. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
- Empire Files (2015-09-05), The Rise of History’s Biggest Empire, retrieved 2017-03-17
- Empire Files (2016-01-19), Untouchable Big Oil Threatens All Life On Earth, retrieved 2017-03-17
- ”Instagram post by The Empire Files • Sep 4, 2016 at 11:12am UTC”. Instagram. Retrieved 2017-03-17.
- ”Skit 6 by Lowkey”. BestEverAlbums.com. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
Michael D. Prysner
Prysner in 2013.Syria Protest at Pershing Square in Downtown Los Angeles. Mike Prysner, the leading organizer with March Forward talking about his experience as a war veteran and talking about his opinions, ”I went to war in 2003 being told there was this undeniable intelligence weapons of massive destruction had to intervene and protect the civilians’ lives, but it all turned out to be a lie. 5000 soldiers died. Now, this is a similar situation… People don’t want the war, and over 90% oppose it, so we want our voices to be heard.” Photo by Xizi (Cecilia) Hua
|Born||June 15, 1983|
|Political party||Party for Socialism and Liberation (PSL)|
|Residence||Los Angeles, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Florida Atlantic University|
|Branch/service||United States Army|
|Years of service||2001–2005|